Sunday, November 6, 2011

Updating my look

Well I know it's been a while. I have been oh so busy that I rarely get the chance to stop by and update my blog. Let's see I (the product junkie) have been trying a lot of new things. I see CURLY and buy it! It's kinda bad because I have too much stuff and no place to store some of it. I don't know if its only me, or if others are finding that something that can work great the first four times suddenly flops on number five ; ) I am generally happy to have something that works! SO happy that the let down is BIG! Recently, I re-tried Miss Jessie's and it was a HIT until I purchased the second jar. Then it just didn't work at all. So I purchased a gel like product that I found in Target - a product of Shea Moisture - well the first day - it was too short(shrinkage) and the second day was GREAT, by day three - I had a full all out HARDENED Afro. It's not a good look at all. SO I guess I will stick with what always works - Eco Styler and my favorite product is Kinky Curly. Maybe I need to give up being a product junkie (huh?) ~ On to another topic ... Lets cover books - I have been reading a lot lately, I do that especially once our weather gets cooler.  My favorite books are Disappearing Acts and The Coldest Winter Ever. I have read each of them about five times and find pleasure in it each time. I read the book THE HELP this summer and it was very good, I enjoyed the movie also.  I also re-read the book THE NANNY DIARIES and whew - it was enlightening and enjoyable. You may ask why I am re-reading books when there are so many new ones - well I can say its because it was there and I forgot what I found so enjoyable the first time.  I am hoping that I will be encountering some new reads soon to get me through the winter. I will update with new photos as soon as I download them from my phone to the computer. I can show you my hair on different days with different products. Do Not worry you will not be fortunate enough to catch my 'fro - I only show that in the house to the regular residents. LOL
I also have been blessed to find some wonderful ladies on YouTube to share the how to's of makeup - I learned to put on false lashes and  gained some techniques for making me look awesome in my daily trots! I will share that too... (from my phone). Until later...... me!

No comments:

Post a Comment