Sunday, July 10, 2011

Date Night

Last night we actually went out on a date! Yes!  strange to each of us attending - (well the women), was that it was NO SPECIAL REASON! That was wonderful and kudos to our husbands for treating us.  It was a truly enjoyable evening and I think my hair was in a good state. You all know, especially if you have curly hair that it does what it wants to do. I love that and hate that at the same time.  Yep, I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. Isn't that really the normal feelings one has..?  Back to our date, it was to a Cuban restaurant - excellent food and atmosphere (Son Cubano). The date even could have ended with dancing if the MEN were not so tired. However, I must confess I am so bad at Spanish dancing, I may have tried if my sweetie had grabbed me to cha cha a bit! It was a pleasant evening and I am sure glad that we have such wonderful friends to share it with. 
I find as I age (gracefully I might add) that its the special occasions that we share with those we love and respect that are the most enjoyable.  I enjoy just watching my husband laugh and smile, it makes me fall deeper and more passionately in love with him. He and my children can always make a blue day(even a bad hair day) better just by just being. I am so blessed.
Hair has become a major part of my life and my family will never understand this, but no doubt they all know they are first! Maybe this is the start to something new and we shall encounter more frequent date nights, who knows? Signing off for today.... Daqueen

No comments:

Post a Comment